The Avalon Precinct offers 1,840 hectares of land around Avalon Airport dedicated to commercial opportunities for integrated logistics, freight handling, property development, aircraft maintenance and pilot training.
Avalon Airport is owned and operated by integrated logistics company Linfox. The Airport is located adjacent to the Princes Freeway between Geelong (15 minutes) and Melbourne (40 minutes) and is a major regional airport for the State of Victoria.
The airport accommodates a range of uses including a Victorian base for Jetstar, an international commercial airfreight facility and home to the biennial Australian International Airshow. The Victorian State Government, Avalon Airport and the City of Greater Geelong are working together along with major stakeholders to develop a shared vision for the airport’s future development.
General aspirations for the airport include Avalon becoming a centre for:
- Maintenance and modification of civilian and military aircraft
- Transfer of domestic and international passengers and freight
- Jet pilot training and aircraft endorsement
- Production manufacture and packaging of high value industrial and technological products suitable for export
- A range of other industrial and commercial activities
- International aerospace exhibitions and displays.
- 1,840 hectares of dedicated land
- 50,000sqm of hangar and aerospace accommodation
- Curfew free Airport
- 3,048m runway capable of handling the largest aircraft and associated infrastructure
- First port of entry rights – Australian Customs Service and Australian Quarantine Inspection
- Service Approved
- Large apron areas for aircraft parking (short and long term)