Looking to host an Event? There is always something happening in Geelong. We’ve set some eligibility criteria for events posted on our calendar.
Check out the guidelines here to see if meet our requirements.
Geelong Business Calendar Guidelines
The Geelong Business Calendar is a centralised base for upcoming events, functions, information sessions and occasional training.
The calendar is intended to:
- Educate a greater number of people about local events.
- Deliver a more efficient spread of functions by avoiding duplications.
- Engage a greater number of participants in events.
- Enable organisation’s the opportunity to promote their event.
Guidelines for what is and what isn’t included in the Calendar
Items listed in the calendar must meet the following criteria:
- The subject matter of items must relate to business and industry.
- Items must be held in the Geelong Region.
- Items must add genuine value to businesses other than just the host business. That is, functions cannot be used to promote an individual organisation’s goods and services.
- The calendar may include occasional training being hosted by organisations where the focus is business. It is not intended for use to list annual training schedules for Registered Training Organisations (RTOs).
- Functions must be open to all businesses to attend. Member only functions should be promoted directly to an organisation’s individual membership.
- The City of Greater Geelong reserves the right to include items based on their individual merit.
Managing the calendar
- Each item listing must include a direct link for bookings and further information.
- Uploading of functions onto the calendar will be done through Economic Development at the City of Greater Geelong. Email Michelle Flight email@example.com or telephone 03 5272 5138.