DIY Build a Website for your Small Business
Building and maintaining your own website can be cheap and relatively easy. This workshop provides a step-by-step guide to assist you with your online presence, including developing a strategy to get the most out of your efforts.
We will discuss WordPress and take a look at the dashboard and various key plugins, as well as covering free website builders. You will also learn how to choose the right theme/template for your website, and the importance of ensuring it is responsive (mobile friendly).
In this workshop, you will learn:
- How and where to buy domain names and website hosting
- How to structure a simple website
- The power of website builders/Content Management Systems (CMS)
- About using open-source website builders such as WordPress
- Various functionalities and discover useful plugins to enhance your website
- How to ensure your website is SEO effective