VECCI - Fair Work Update and Dealing with Claims
The Workplace Relations framework is constantly changing. Case law continues to evolve and it is paramount that business is fully across their obligations, responsibilities and opportunities.
We are continuing to see individuals facing penalties and criticism for not fully understanding or meeting their obligations. We are also seeing more and more examples of lawyers not being given permission to appear in Fair Work Commission, leaving the organisation to run their own case during proceedings. As a member organisation, VECCI’s expert consultants are permitted under the Act to appear on behalf of members and have assisted in over 500 matters.
Join VECCI’s expert consultants in our latest Fair Work Update and key learnings from our extensive work in this area, including insights on preparing for self-representation. We will cover:
- Recent case developments and amendment bills
- An update on the anti-bullying regime
- Where HR managers have been penalised (individually) for following orders
- The issue of legal representation in the commission
- Dealing with claims in the Fair Work Commission