VECCI - New to Human Resources
Good HR practices help to ensure your business is legally compliant, attracts high-quality staff, increases output and efficiency and creates a strong and positive workplace culture.
The Fair Work Act 2009 (Cth) and other workplace laws coupled with a changing economic landscape has made effective HR management more pivotal than ever. Effective HR management is particularly challenging if you have responsibility for managing this business function, but no formal training or background in the area.
This half day event will be run twice in Geelong: 15 March and 13 Sept
This program you will increase your knowledge of:
- The essentials of policies and procedures and principles of effective HR policies
- The basic skills and strategies of recruitment and retention
- Effective performance management techniques, including warnings and termination
- Payroll and record keeping requirements
- Overview of the relevant legislation
- WorkCover and basic OHS obligations
- Strategies to manage day to day HR requirements
This course is suited to:
- Business owners and managers
- Anyone looking to open a new business, or anyone new to human resources
This program is part of the Human resources management pathway designed to familiarise you with the principles of HR management. The pathway also includes Human resources management. This course also offers a great pathway into the Diploma of human resources management (BSB50615).