Geelong Port Precinct
The Port of Geelong and surrounding Port Precinct is an important asset to the Victorian State economy and the Geelong Region.
The Port of Geelong and surrounding Port Precinct is an important asset to the Victorian State economy and the Geelong Region. Trade forecasts anticipate significant growth of the facility in the distribution of bulk and break bulk (non liquid bulk) trade which is expected to increase by as much as 59% by 2020. Trade in liquid bulk is also expected to grow over this period.
Precinct aspirations for the Port as they relate to economic development include:
- To promote the growth and development of Geelong Port as a key economic resource for the State of Victoria for bulk and break bulk products
- To provide land and servicing resources to support the future growth of the Port
- To ensure new development in the Port has regard to state and local planning policies
- To ensure efficient and safe movement of freight through the Port to access the Princes Freeway,
- Geelong Ring Road, Geelong Ring Road Employment Precinct and the business areas of Geelong
- Ensure the transport routes are managed to minimise amenity intrusion to nearby sensitive uses
- Development of a marine precinct adjacent to Osborne House.
- Commercially viable Port
- Deep water port with a draft to 11.5m
- Proximity to Heales Road Industrial Estate
- Access to National Standard Gauge Rail
- Comprehensive pier facilities for liquid, bulk and break bulk products