The Newtown Precinct includes some of the oldest industrial sites in Geelong. The precinct is situated adjacent to the Barwon River and was once the heart of Geelong’s textile industry.
Today the area provides opportunities for small boutique manufacturing companies, showrooms and recreational activities such as indoor sports and recreational centres.
The area is located within one of Geelong’s premier residential areas adjacent to the Barwon River.
Structure Plan aspirations include:
- Opportunities for increased housing density
- Building on industrial and residential heritage attributes
- Providing for high quality industrial and commercial opportunities.
- Located in the heart of Geelong
- Small sites for light industrial activity.